Expertise : business law | transactional law | financing
T 418 545-4580
F 418 549-9590
190 rue Racine Est, Suite 300
Saguenay, Québec G7H 1R9
T 418 545-4580
F 418 549-9590
Hotline: 581 543-2649
In addition to practicing law since 1993, Me Chantal Durand holds a bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science from Université Laval. During her studies, she had the opportunity to complete internships in Seattle and Paris.
The fields in which she puts her skills to good use are business law, particularly transactional law and the field of financing (aircraft, etc.). More specifically, over the course of her career, she has developed a practice in commercial and corporate law, focusing on merger, acquisition, reorganization or transfer projects involving business succession, securities or bank financing and through venture capital firms. She has also collaborated on various files involving public companies listed on Canadian stock exchanges. In addition, she was involved in Cogeco's purchase of Déry Télécom.
Me Durand fosters closeness to her community. Indeed, she is an Experte Femmessor and member of the Corporation des femmes d'affaires du Saguenay. In addition, she is a member of the Comité d'éthique de la recherche avec des êtres humains of the Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, president of the Investment Committee of the Fonds local d'investissement (FLI) de Saguenay, administrator and president of the Fonds local de solidarité Ville de Saguenay, administrator and president of the Fondation du Cégep de Chicoutimi, administrator and 1st vice-president of the Caisse Desjardins de Chicoutimi and member of various committees of the latter (executive, audit and deontology, governance and ethics).
She stands out for her attention to detail and her ability to work well in a team. In fact, it is said of Me Durand that she easily detects certain elements that most people would miss. Her concern for a job well done is without a doubt a major asset in her regard. She shows great interest in her clients and is always available to offer her support.
In her spare time, Me Durand enjoys various sports (golf, cross-country skiing, walking, aerobics) and cultural activities (movies, shows, gastronomy and visual arts). Her motto is: "Nothing happens for nothing! ». The causes related to children are those that are especially close to her heart.
Assistant: Raphaëlle Boulay
- Business law (banking law, commercial law, corporate law, cooperative law, trusts, corporate financing, mergers and acquisitions, governance, nonprofit organizations, securities)
- Transactional law
- LL.B., Université Laval (1992)
- Studies in Administration, Université Laval (1989)
- B.A. in Actuarial Studies, Université Laval (1988)
- Studies in Mathematics, University of Ottawa (1984 and 1985)
- Cain Lamarre, Saguenay (1997 to present)
- Langlois Robert, Quebec City
- Gaudreault Vaillancourt St-Pierre, Quebec City
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Various lectures on commercial law to clients
Associations, committees, boards
- Femmessor Expert
- Member, Corporation des femmes d'affaires du Saguenay
- Member of the Human Research Ethics Committee at Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Member of the Local Investment Fund (LIF) Committee, Promotion Saguenay
- Administrator and President of the Fonds local de solidarité, Ville de Saguenay
- Administrator and President of the Cégep de Chicoutimi Foundation
- Administrator and 1st Vice-President of the Caisse Desjardins de Chicoutimi; member of the Executive Board and Audit Committee
- Former President of Rendez-vous des gens d’affaires (previously)
- University of Ottawa Admission Scholarship based on academic results
- Page, House of Commons, Ottawa