Expertise : labor and employment law
T 418 545-4580
F 418 549-9590
190 rue Racine Est, Suite 300
Saguenay, Québec G7H 1R9
T 418 545-4580 | F 418 549-9590
Hotline: 581 543-2660
The practice of Me Charles-Éric Gilbert has exclusively focused on labor and employment law. Me Gilbert holds a bachelor’s degree in law and a master’s degree in business administration from Université de Sherbrooke. He also participated in a student exchange program at Université de Grenoble. In addition to his university studies, he was a member of the Executive Committee of the Pro Bono Program at the Faculty of Law. Furthermore, Me Gilbert was also involved in various volunteer committees and as a student ambassador for the faculty.
Me Gilbert advises and represents employers, particularly in matters of labour relations, on both a collective and individual level. He assists his clients in various aspects, including labour standards, industrial accidents and work-related illnesses, occupational health and safety, negotiation, interpretation and application of collective agreements, and human rights and freedoms.
Accredited by the Quebec Bar as a lawyer-investigator conducting investigations into psychological harassment in the workplace, Me Gilbert has also developed expertise in psychological harassment.
- Labor and employment law
- M.B.A., Université de Sherbrooke (2019)
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke (2019)
- Cain Lamarre, Saguenay (2018 to present)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Moot Court Competition CSQ-Juripop, Cégep de Chicoutimi (2021)
- Lunchtime presentation on Deadlines in the Code of Civil Procedure (2020)
- Information workshops for entrepreneurs in the start-up or expansion phase on the different legal forms of businesses, organized by the Centre d'entrepreneuriat et d'essaimage de l'Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (2018)
Associations, committees, boards
- Member of the Board for the Cégep de Chicoutimi
- Member of the Board for the Jeune Barreau du Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean
- Former Ambassador for the Faculty of Law, Université de Sherbrooke (previously)
- Former member of the Pro Bono National Network, Université de Sherbrooke (previously)