T 418 522-4580
F 418 529-9590
500 Grande Allée Est, Suite 1
Québec, Québec G1R 2J7
T 418 522-4580 | F 418 529-9590
Hotline: 367 777-0814
A member of the Quebec Bar since 2001, Me Danny Galarneau is one of the few litigators in the greater Quebec City area who works exclusively in tax litigation. With many years of experience, Me Galarneau has developed expertise in tax litigation, more specifically by accompanying individuals and corporations facing a tax audit or a dispute over a notice of assessment before the Objections Branch and on appeal before the courts.
Having represented tax authorities for nearly 15 years, Me Galarneau was responsible for major files of all kinds at the Quebec Revenue Agency. This led him to plead before all levels of government in Canada, including the Supreme Court of Canada. This experience allowed him to perfect his knowledge of the Revenue Agencies and to develop more strategic solutions for his clients. In addition, Me Galarneau has leveraged his knowledge and skills as a litigator by representing several poker players to ensure their winnings remain fortuitous lottery winnings under the tax laws.
Teamwork, office culture, and the human side of the practice are some of the reasons that attracted Me Galarneau to Cain Lamarre. In order to cultivate his expertise and share it with his clients, he frequently participates in seminars, symposiums, and other training sessions in his field of practice, both as a participant and presenter.
A member of the board of directors of La Boussole, an organization that helps families with members suffering from mental health problems, Me Galarneau believes in the importance of mental health, a subject he has also discussed at the Quebec Bar Council, where he was actively involved. Me Galarneau is also the coordinator of the Tekakwitha camp foundation.
Empathetic, honest, and conscientious, for Me Galarneau “there is always a solution”. He enjoys many sports and outdoor activities, in summer and winter, with as much determination as he shows for his cases.
Assistant : Nathalie Nadeau
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Penal Law
- LL.B., Université Laval (2000)
- Cain Lamarre, Québec (2022 to present)
- Fasken Martineau DuMoulin, Québec (2019-2022)
- Joli-Cœur Lacasse S.E.N.C.R.L., Québec (2017-2019)
- Direction du contentieux fiscal et civil, Revenu Québec (2008-2017)
- Commission des Normes du Travail, Québec (2006-2008)
- Direction du contentieux fiscal et civil, Revenu Québec (2001-2006)
Associations, committees, boards
- Professeur École du Barreau de Québec, Les Obligations, Procédure civile, Preuve civile et Représentations (2012 to present)
- Membre du Conseil d’administration La Boussole (2022 to present)
- Membre du Comité du droit fiscal de l'Association du Barreau Canadien, section Québec
- (2022 to present)
- Coordonnateur de la Fondation du Camp Tékakwitha, Camp Tékakwitha (2014 to present)
- Membre organisateur, formateur et conférencier, Canadian Tax Foundation (CTF), Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF) (2008 to present)
- Membre du Conseil du Barreau de Québec, Élu parmi les et par les avocats(es) de la section (2021- 2022)
- Secrétaire du conseil d’administration Fondation Québec Philanthrope (2017-2021)
- Président du comité de liaison avec la Cour du Québec, Membre du comité de liaison avec la Cour du Québec, Barreau de Québec (2016-2021)
- Membre du comité de liaison avec la Cour d’appel du Québec, Barreau du Québec (2015-2016)