Expertise : personal and family law | aboriginal and constitutional law
T 819 825-4153
F 819 825-9769
865, 3e Avenue
Val-d’Or (Québec) J9P 1T2
T 819 825-4153
F 819 825-9769
Hotline: 873 381-2074
A law graduate from Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), Me Daphnée Drouin works in both French and English, and is passionate about youth protection and indigenous law. She was a student in a firm practicing indigenous law, where she also completed her articling for the Barreau. She joins the Val-d’Or Family and Personal Law team.
Me Drouin moved to Nunavik to work for the Director of Youth Protection in early 2018 and remained there until she joined Cain Lamarre in late 2021. During her time in Nunavik, she worked as a human relations officer at the application of measures, as a multi-service manager and as the assistant director. Her extensive experience has allowed her to build relationships with the Inuit communities in Nunavik, where she resided, and deepen her understanding of the application of the Youth Protection Act in Indigenous communities.
Her academic achievements include winning the Dickson Medal for best litigator in the Gale Cup moot court competition (in criminal and constitutional law) in 2017 and winning the Gale Cup that same year. She also participated in the legal clinic at her university and in the Montreal Municipal Court PAJIC Program (Program d'accompagnement justice-itinérance à la cour).
Me Drouin has a humane and understanding approach. Currently completing a Certificate in Indigenous Study, she wishes to deepen her knowledge of the issues experienced by indigenous communities. Proactive and rigorous, she demonstrates strong leadership skills.
Not surprisingly, the causes that she cares most about are access to justice for Indigenous peoples, reconciling with Indigenous peoples, and child security and development.
Assistant: Véronique Brassard, Kim Milaire-Fiset
- Personal and family law (youth protection)
- Aboriginal and constitutional law
- L.L.B., Université du Québec à Montréal (2017)
- Interim Executive Director, Director of Youth Protection, Inuulitsivik Health Center, Nunavik (2021)
- Multi-services Manager, Director of Youth Protection, Inuulitsivik Health Center, Nunavik (2018-2021)
- Articling student, O'Reilly and Associates (2019)
- Human Relations Agent/Implementation of Measures, Director of Youth Protection, Inuulitsivik Health Center, Nunavik (2018)
- Law student, O'Reilly and Associates (2017)
- Social Worker, Laval Youth Center (2012-2017)
Associations, committees, boards
- Member of the board of directors, First Peoples Justice Centre of Montreal
- Recipient of the Award for best grade in Civil Liability Law, Université du Québec à Montréal (2017)
- Recipient of the Dickson Medal awarded to the top individual oralists at the Gale Cup mooting competition (constitutional and criminal law) (2017)
- Recipient of the Gale Cup (Constitutional and criminal law) (2017)