500 Grande Allée Est, Suite 1
Québec, Québec G1R 2J7
T 418 522-4580 | F 418 529-9590
Hotline: 367 777-0813
A 2007 law graduate of Université Laval, Me Émilie Gagné is a lawyer with multiple skills. Her career path has allowed her to develop an expertise in labour and employment law, as well as in occupational health and safety law. Her practice covers all aspects of labour relations and strategic human resources planning. More specifically, she acts as an employer’s counsel before arbitration tribunals and other specialized labour law bodies in disputes involving labour laws, individual and collective labour relations, human rights and freedom, the interpretation and application of collective agreements as well as disciplinary, administrative or termination measures. She also has solid experience in occupational health and safety, particularly in matters of compensation for occupational injuries and cost allocation.
Furthermore, Me Gagné is a lecturer at the Faculty of Law of Université Laval where she teaches occupational health and safety law. She also gives lectures on various subjects related to the world of work and employment, such as discrimination in employment and the duty of reasonable accommodation, harassment in the workplace, the rules surrounding the termination of employment and the imposition of disciplinary and administrative measures. She has also participated in conferences organized by the Faculty of Administration of Université Laval on the integration in the workplace of people with ASD or AD(H)D and the legalization of cannabis. She is also the co-author of booklets on access to employment and the right to maintain employment for people with disabilities and on the legal aspects of recruitment. With all this background, she is a major asset to the Quebec City office's Labour and Employment group.
Me Gagné is known for her thoroughness, discipline, and availability. Always attentive to her clients’ needs, she proposes strategies or alternative solutions based on their objectives. Her ability to explain the law and legal aspects in simple terms makes her advice and proposals accessible and easy to understand. With her human approach and a touch of humour, she knows how to develop meaningful relationships with her clients.
Assistant: Valérie Gagnon
- Labor and employment subfields (competition and duty of loyalty, human rights and freedoms, occupational health and safety funding, collective bargaining, individual labor relation, occupational health and safety, drafting of employment contracts)
- Health subfields (access to information)
- Bar School Professionnal Training, Barreau du Québec (2008)
- LL.B., Université Laval (2007)
- DEC in paralegal studies, Cégep Garneau (1999)
- Legal Department, CIUSSS de la Capitale Nationale, Québec (2018-2022)
- Morency Avocats, Québec (2017-2018)
- Beauvais Truchon, Québec (2003-2016)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Lecturer at the Faculty of Law of the Université Laval- Occupational health and safety law, Québec (since 2018)
- Lecturer " Workplace integration of people with ASD", Business Center, Administrative Sciences department (FSA), Université Laval (2018 and 2019)
- Lecturer "Cannabis 101", Business Center, Administrative Sciences department (FSA), Université Laval (2018)
- Lecturer "Illicit Drugs and Occupational Hazards ", National Meetings, Paris (2010)
- Collaboration with Me Anne-Marie Laflamme and Me Karine Brassard "Quebec law governing access to employment and the right to maintain the employment relationship for people with disabilities " in JurisClasseur Québec - Occupational health and safety law, Montreal, Lexis Nexis Canada inc. (2010)
- Collaboration with Me Anne-Marie Laflamme and Me Karine Brassard, "Legal aspects of the recruitment and selection of personnel (Enterprises under Quebec legislative jurisdiction)" in JurisClasseur Québec - Law of individual and collective labor relations, Montréal, Lexis Nexis Canada inc. (2009)
- Recipient of an excellence scholarship, "Biometrics, authentication and identification systems: an attack on the right to privacy and integrity?", (2006-2007) 19 R.J.E.U.L. 67
- Me Gagné has also given several conferences and training sessions on current topics in the world of work and employment, in particular on employment discrimination and the obligation of reasonable accommodation, harassment in the workplace, the rules surrounding termination of employment and the imposition of disciplinary and administrative measures, as well as compensation for professional injuries, etc.
Associations, committees, boards
- Member of the board of directors, la Fondation CERVO (2017-2019)
- President and member of the board of directors, Fondation du Centre de réadaptation en dépendance du Québec (2012-2019)
- Secretary and member of the board of directors, Maison Revivre (2005-2012)
- Recipient of the Lieutenant Governor's Medal (2008)