Expertise : personal and family law
T 819 825-4153
F 819 825-9769
865, 3e Avenue
Val-d’Or (Québec) J9P 1T2
T 819 825-4153
F 819 825-9769
Hotline: 873 381-2053
Me Justine Carli practices in the field of civil and family law, particularly in the area of youth protection for the North team. Me Carli holds a bachelor's degree in law, majoring in life sciences, and a master's degree in life sciences and law from the Université de Sherbrooke. She also holds a certificate in biology.
Me Carli is the author of an essay for her Master's degree in Life Sciences and Law (M.S.V.L.): Une plus grande protection des droits fondamentaux des déplacés environnementaux face aux changements climatiques : une perspective canadienne" from the Université de Sherbrooke (2021). She also appears on the Dean's Honour List (2016, 2018) and the University of Sherbrooke General Law Student Association Scholarship (2019).
From the beginning of her studies, Me Carli has always had a keen interest in defending the rights of individuals. Indeed, we can see this through her involvement with Lawyers Without Borders Canada where she was the coordinator of the university network (2018-2020) and became more aware of the importance of defending the rights of the most vulnerable groups, namely children. Since then, she is convinced that the field of youth protection is where she aspires to evolve as a lawyer.
Passionate and dedicated to her work, Me Carli has excellent teamwork and organizational skills. The environment is a cause that she feels very strongly about, which is why she devoted her master's thesis to analyzing the impacts of climate change on populations around the world. In particular, she discusses the consequences of the melting permafrost in northern territories on the Inuit people.
In her spare time, Me Carli enjoys outdoor activities and yoga. In addition, she has been playing the piano since the age of 4.
Assistant: Véronique Brassard, Julie Mc Dermott
- Personal and family law (youth protection)
- LL.B., Life Science specialization, Université de Sherbrooke (2020)
- Masters in Life Science and Law, Université de Sherbrooke (2021) – to be completed in September
- Biology Certificate, Université de Sherbrooke (2015)
- Schirm & Tremblay Avocats, Laval (2020 to 2021)
- Human Rights Tribunal, Montréal (2020)
- VIA Rail Canada Inc., Montréal (2018)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Author of an essay for the Masters in Life Science and Law (MLSL) “Greater Protection of the Fundamental Rights of Environmentally Displaced People in the Face of Climate Change: A Canadian Perspective”, Université de Sherbrooke (2021)
Associations, committees, boards
- Coordinator of the University Network, Lawyers Without Borders, Canada (2018 to 2020)
- Recipient of the scholarship from the General Law Student Association, Université de Sherbrooke (2019)
- Merit list of the Dean at the Faculty of Law of the Université de Sherbrooke (2016 to 2018)