Expertise : labor and employment law
T 418 522-4580
F 418 529-9590
500 Grande Allée Est, Suite 1
Québec, Québec G1R 2J7
T 418 522-4580 | F 418 529-9590
Hotline: 367 777-0769
Admitted to the Quebec Bar in 2013, Me Laporte completed his law degree at Laval University in 2010.
Since the beginning of his practice, Me Laporte has been practicing labour and employment law with Cain Lamarre. He exclusively represents employers. Over the course of his career, Me Laporte has acquired experience in the industrial, information technology, food processing, transportation and insurance sectors.
Me Laporte advises and represents employers in matters of employment and labour relations. Among other things, he assists his clients in the negotiation, drafting, interpretation and application of collective agreements and employment contracts, as well as in matters relating to labour standards, termination of employment, industrial accidents and occupational diseases, occupational health and safety, and human rights and freedoms. He regularly represents employers before Quebec civil and administrative tribunals.
Me Laporte also acts as a strategic advisor to corporations in the context of reorganizations and acquisitions, regarding issues relating to labour and employment law.
Me Laporte knows the intricacies of labour law and offers original and effective solutions to the difficulties experienced by employers. His intellectual curiosity leads him to deepen his knowledge of his clients’ history, business model and challenges in order to propose creative solutions adapted to their situations.
During his practice, Me Laporte regularly acts as a speaker and has been invited by employer groups to present conferences on various aspects of labour and employment law. He has published several articles concerning labour law and occupational health and safety law. In his personal life, Me Laporte is notably an amateur mixologist and a passionate football fan.
Assistant: Chantal Gauthier
- Labor and employment law (competition and duty of loyalty, federal labor law, human rights, occupational health and safety funding, collective labor relations, individual labor relations, occupational health and safety)
- LL.B., Université Laval (2010)
- Cain Lamarre, Quebec City (2012 to present)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Conferences in labor law and occupational health and safety law, in particular with the Fédération des Chambres de commerce du Québec and various employers' groups
- Publication of several articles on labor law and occupational health and safety law, in particular in Collection Blais and La Référence