Expertise : business law | real estate law | financing | notary services
T 418 545-4580
F 418 549-9590
190 rue Racine Est, Suite 300
Saguenay, Québec G7H 1R9
T 418 545-4580
F 418 549-9590
Hotline: 581 543-2673
With many years of experience, Me Martin Lajoie, partner of the Saguenay office, practices as a notary, mainly in real estate law, corporate and commercial law, as well as in testamentary and personal law. Me Lajoie's areas of practice include financing, reorganization, and the acquisition of small and medium-sized businesses of all kinds.
Holder of a bachelor's degree and a diploma in notarial law LLB DDN, Me Lajoie has taken various professional training courses in several areas of law (corporate, family, real estate) provided by the Chambre des notaires du Québec and the École des Hautes Études Commerciales of Montreal.
Originally from Chicoutimi where he returned after his studies at Université Laval, it is with freshly acquired skills and immediate involvement in his community that his career began. His great ability to listen, his attention to detail and his continuous training have allowed him to be not only a renowned legal professional, but also a highly appreciated advisor. One thing leading to another, his contacts and interest have oriented him mainly towards commercial and corporate practice. However, he remains active in the fields of wills and estates, protection plans, residential real estate and as a family legal advisor, in order to create a privileged and trusting relationship with a desire to accompany his clients throughout their lives, thus making the most of his years of experience and his duty of impartiality. Furthermore, Me Lajoie has always favoured teamwork. Since today's law is very complex and diversified, he wishes to be associated with a team of highly competent professionals who practice in many fields and with whom he shares the same values. This is why Me Lajoie proudly joined Cain Lamarre in 2021!
Me Lajoie stands out for his file management process from opening to closing and archiving, both in terms of IT and hardware, as well as for the management and improvement of work tools that help improve efficiency. The ability to quickly obtain references from professionals working in other fields undoubtedly contributes to exceeding his clients' objectives. His network of contacts and loyal clients is his first asset, as well as his recognized competence in the fields he practices. Easy to approach, Me Lajoie easily grasps his clients' needs and takes the time to establish a relationship of trust with them. It goes without saying that his abilities as a mediator and good communicator are necessary to resolve problems and conflicts.
Me Lajoie is very active in his community: he has been a director and president of the CÉGEP de Chicoutimi, the Chicoutimi Chamber of Commerce and the Club Richelieu de Chicoutimi. He regularly participates in numerous social activities to raise funds for non-profit organizations. Me Lajoie always strives to get to know his clients' personalities through active listening. Knowledge of all aspects of his clients' businesses (including the needs of their managers) is always a concern for him. Of course, being on site and taking a sincere interest in an entrepreneur's human investment is always appreciated and saves him precious time.
When Me Lajoie is not involved in his clients' files, he enjoys hiking, downhill skiing, cycling and fitness training. He also enjoys reading, music and movies. His motto “More than yesterday and less than tomorrow!” best describes Me Lajoie as a bon vivant. Children in disadvantaged areas (the motivation of the Club Richelieu non-profit organization) is a cause that Me Lajoie holds particularly dear to his heart.
Assistant: Chantale Simard
- Business law
- Real estate law
- Notary services
- Diploma in notarial law, Université Laval (1983)
- LL.B., Université Laval (1982)
- Cain Lamarre (2021 to present)
- Boivin Lessard Ouellet Coté Notaire s.e.n.c. (2002 to 2020)
- Boivin, Collard, Lajoie, Fortin & Gagnon, Notaires (1989 to 1999)
- Côté, Boivin, Lajoie, Notaires (1983 to 1989)
- Chambre de commerce de Chicoutimi (President) (1995 to 1997)
Associations, committees, boards
- Member of the Board of directors, Jurisconseil (2001 to 2020)
- Member of the committee, Comité d’éthique de la recherche, Collège de Chicoutimi (2002)
- Chair of the Board of directors, Collège de Chicoutimi (member of the executive committee) (1995 to 1997)
- President, Chambre de commerce de Chicoutimi (member and various other functions for the organisation and for the Chambre de commerce régionale) (1991 to 1992)
- President, Club Richelieu de Chicoutimi (1989 to 1990)
- Secretary, Club Richelieu de Chicoutimi (1983 to 1987)
- Member of the Board of directors, Compagnie des Jeunes travailleurs de Chicoutimi (1984 to 1987)
- Member of the Kidney Foundation, Saguenay section (in charge of the funding campaign) (1983 to 1985)